Table of Contents:
Contents, Related Policies, Applicability ▾
The university receives many requests (e.g., banks, credit unions, indirect lending institutions, federal or state agencies, potential employers) to verify the employment status of persons who are employed or who have been employed by BYU. To ensure consistency and reliability of data, the following university departments are the only offices authorized to release employment verification information:
- Faculty Compensation—current and former faculty, adjunct (part-time) faculty
- Compensation—current and former full-time executive, administrative, and staff employees
- Staff & Administrative Employment—current and former part-time, non-student employees
- Student Employment—current and former student employees paid hourly or on a graduate contract
- Division of Continuing Education—current and former individuals hired on a contract with Continuing Education
For employment verification requests received by telephone and accompanied by the social security number and/or BYU ID number of the person being verified, authorized offices may provide the following:
- Job title
- Employee classification—faculty, staff, administrative, student, etc.
- Status of employment—full-time, part-time, active, retired, etc.
- Hire date
- Transfer date (if applicable)
- Termination date
Requests for salary data (current salary, salary history, etc.) must be received in writing and accompanied by a signed authorization from the individual for whom the verification is requested.